The NC Outdoor Heritage Advisory Council has expanded their grant opportunities to more than just schools during COVID. Nonprofits, government agencies, and businesses are now eligible to apply for GO Grants! You have to submit a proposal that covers both the requirements of the CARES act and meets the goals of the Outdoor Heritage Trust Fund.
This opportunity is being offered to help you get kids outside and learning through the pandemic, so contact their staff with your ideas. Need a starting point to get your creativity flowing? Potential projects might include:
- Providing scholarship funding to defray costs for outdoor-based learning pods/forest school programs.
- Providing outdoor learning experiences for kids and families, such as learn to hike, fish, paddle, or camp.
- Purchasing tools and resources to make outdoor learning programs and spaces accessible to all kids and families.
Are you a classroom teacher? Their traditional grants are a simple PDF application! No formal grant writing experience required! You can apply for:
- Up to $15,000 to build an on-campus learning center (outdoor classroom, greenhouse, new pollinator garden, etc.)
- Up to $5,000 to have a field trip come to you
- Up to $2,500 for an off-campus outdoor educational field trip
Note: Virtual field trips/outreach experiences are not eligible for this funding.
Accepted projects must be complete by 12/31/2020. Proposals are reviewed and awarded on a rolling basis but funds are limited - so get your application in today!