Environmental education is not cancelled! EENC is thrilled to announce that we're helping 10 educators from across our state take on EE projects to support student learning in science, art, literacy, and civic engagement.
Congratulations to the 2020 mini-grant awardees:
- Karen Chapman, W.D. Williams Elementary, "Pollinator Garden"
- Sandra Dixon, Pioneer Springs Community School, "Worms at Work"
- Jenna Hartley, NC State University, "Picking up more than just litter: empowering students as local community change agents on the topic of marine debris"
- Tatiana Height, UNCG Center for Housing and Community Studies, "Cottage Gardens Resource Center Environmental Education Summer Program"
- Teresa Leavens, NC State University, "Intertwined Summer Science Camp"
- Marisa Sedlak, Town of Beech Mountain Parks and Recreation, "Naturalist Packs"
- Trent Stanforth, Johnston Community College, "Nature PlaySpace Play Day Materials"
- Willard Watson, Blowing Rock Art & History Museum,"Environmental Art Month"
- Wendy Wilson, UNC Charlotte Botanical Gardens, "Nature Learning Library"
- Mir Youngquist-Thurow, Agape Center for Environmental Education, "Water Quality Testing Replenishment"
Our grant recipients will be working on projects now through December 1. We'll share photos and stories as they finish. Stay tuned to see how these EENC members are promoting excellence in environmental education!