What difference would $250 make for your teaching? Could it pay for that workshop you’ve been dreaming of taking? Materials for a professional development course you want to facilitate? Resources for an environmental education project in your community?
EENC recognizes that in our field, sometimes a little bit goes a long way in making a difference for the teachers, non-formal educators, government employees, students and volunteers we work with. EENC is pleased to announce the fourth year of our mini-grant program. Open to dues-paying members of EENC, the goal of this grant is to provide support to promote excellence in environmental education across North Carolina.
EENC will award $2500 in mini-grants in 2022. Accepted proposals can range from $50 to $250. Each member can submit one proposal per year, either on their own behalf or on behalf of an organization or school. Funding will be distributed on a reimbursement basis to awardees after their projects are completed.
2022 Grant Timeline:
January 10: RFP Opens
February 28: Application Deadline
April 1: All applicants notified of status via email
April 10-December 1: Eligible project dates
December 14: Final deadline for project reports
- Who may apply: student, new to EE, professional, senior, life, and all organizational members of EENC. Honorary members are not eligible.
- Slight preference will be given to first-time applicants and those who were EENC members prior to January 1, 2022, but all eligible members are welcome to apply.
- What you can apply for: Anything that would promote excellence for environmental education in NC, including but not limited to: professional development course fees, substitute teacher fees to allow professional development attendance, student field trip/virtual program fees, educational books or materials for facility/classroom/workshop, garden resources, etc.
- Ineligible requests include: food purchases for any reason and anything related to EENC’s conference, mini-conference, events and workshops (please see our other scholarship applications for those events).
- Location: Projects must occur in NC and recipient must live in NC
- Project time frame: Proposed projects must start on/after April 10, 2022 and be completed by December 1, 2022.
Eligible Members: Log in to your EENC account here and apply online by 11:59 pm, February 28, 2022. Not eligible yet? Join as a member online or upgrade your honorary membership to apply! Questions? Contact Lauren Pyle at firstname.lastname@example.org